The following are the changes for the 4.5 version of Rainmeter.
Changes from 4.3 to 4.5 can be found at 4.5.0 Release Notes.
Changes in Rainmeter 4.5
Additional details on important changes can be found at Change Announcements.
March 23, 2022 - 4.5.13 - Revision 3632
- FixedAbout dialog / Plugins tab: Fix Unicode issue in the path when gathering plugin information.
- FixedRainmeter: Stop Rainmeter from crashing with ALT+Enter "full screen" hotkey.
- ChangedInstaller: Enable "Back" button on standard installation options page.
- ChangedContext menus: Rearranged some skin context menu items for consistency.
- ChangedSettings: Deprecated "HideOnMouseOver" and replaced with "OnHover" in Rainmeter.ini.
- ChangedLanguages: Updated localization strings for Serbian and Indonesian.
March 2, 2022 - 4.5.12 - Revision 3616
- FixedCustom Plugin functions: Matching leading and trailing quotes (double and single) will now be stripped from each parameter before being sent to the plugin.
- FixedInline Lua: Corrected a rare parsing issue when using the measure/meter
- AddedLua GetOption: The
GetOptionfunction for measure / meter objects will now accept an additional optional boolean parameter called
bReplaceMeasures, that when
falsewill not replace any section variables before retrieving that option.
- ChangedInline Lua: Allow for parameter types
nilto be case-insensitive in the skin ini file (does not apply to the lua script).
- AddedInline Lua: Added the parameter type
- FixedInline Lua: Numeric parameters starting with
(are now run through the Rainmeter math parser before being sent to the lua script.
- ChangedVS2022: Updated the project to use the latest Visual Studio 2022 for development
- AddedMouseActionCursorName: Added various cursor options. See Change Announcements for details.
- RemovedNowPlaying: Removed LyricWikia parsing from
February 12, 2022 - 4.5.11 - Revision 3607
- FixedVariables: Corrected some anomalies when parsing complex nested variables.
- AddedBuilt-in Variables: Added
- ChangedPLAY: When Rainmeter is exited, immediately stop all .wav file sounds currently being output with the
- ChangedLanguages: Updated localization strings for Greek and German.
February 1, 2022 - 4.5.10 - Revision 3597
- FixedNowPlaying: Fixed issue where two (or more) separate skins using the same player would not update properly when they were using DynamicVariables=1 on the measures.
- AddedRegistry: Added
OutputDelimiteroptions to allow retrieving lists of subkeys or value names from a target key. See Alternate Behavior for details.
January 29, 2022 - 4.5.9 - Revision 3592
- FixedRainmeter: Fixes issue with certain builds of Windows 7 where the skin window would disappear when returning from the Windows "Switch user" screen.
- FixedContext menu: Removed duplicate / redundant separator line in the context menu when no skins are loaded.
- AddedSysInfo: Added
USER_SIDto return the security identifier associated with the active user account.
- ChangedLanguages: Updated localization strings for Finnish.
December 30, 2021 - 4.5.8 - Revision 3587
- FixedRegistry: Corrected a problem when the registry returned a string longer than 4096 characters.
- FixedInstaller: Fixed an issue when the user's locale language was not able to be detected, and Arabic was being selected by default.
- FixedScript: Improved error logging when an invalid Lua script is used in a disabled Script measure.
- AddedSkin/Meter: Added
BevelColor2to allow definition of colors when a bevel is set on the skin background or a meter.
- ChangedLanguages: Updated localization strings for Swedish.
December 9, 2021 - 4.5.7 - Revision 3581
- FixedWiFiStatus: Corrected an error condition when the winlanapi.dll file used by WiFiStatus is not installed in Windows, as with recent Windows Server versions.
- FixedNowPlaying: Corrected a range-check issue that allowed the volume value for the CAD plugin to fall outside of 0-100.
- ChangedSysInfo: Take into account the connection/operational status for finding the "best" interface when specifying the name of the adapter. This will also correct an issue with duplicate interface "names" in Windows.
November 29, 2021 - 4.5.6 - Revision 3573
- FixedSysInfo: Corrected an issue with the
- ChangedWiFiStatus: WiFiStatus was converted from a plugin to a measure.
- ChangedLanguages: Updated localization strings for Serbian (Latin and Cyrillic).
- AddedWiFiStatus: Added [Quality] values to information returned by
WiFiInfoTypeis set to
- AddedWiFiStatus: Added detection of
- AddedWiFiStatus: Added detection of
- AddedWiFiStatus: Added
TXRATEto measure the theoretical maximum transmit speed in bits per second of the connection.
- AddedWiFiStatus: Added
RXRATEto measure the theoretical maximum receive speed in bits per second of the connection.
November 17, 2021 - 4.5.5 - Revision 3565
- FixedNowPlaying: Corrected some issues with
Thanks to community members deathcrafter for AIMP code and dr0biwan for WinAmp code.
- ChangedDialogs: When a Rainmeter dialog is moved to a second monitor, the Taskbar icon will follow to the correct monitor.
- AddedString meter: Added
TrailingSpacesoption. When set to
Textoption enclosed in " quotes " will display leading and trailing spaces.
October 4, 2021 - 4.5.4 - Revision 3550
- FixedAuto Update: Corrected an issue with Auto Update with Windows 7.
- ChangedAuto Update: Improved error logging when there are problems with Auto Update.
- ChangedManage: Disable Active Skins pull-down when no configs/skins are loaded.
September 24, 2021 - 4.5.3 - Revision 3546
- FixedMeasures: Corrected potential errors in
Formulawhen the name of a measure started with characters other than the ASCII alphanumeric a-z/A-Z/0-9. Measures names can now safely start with or contain any printable letter, number or non-math punctuation or symbol from the ASCII / Extended ASCII character set, and any Unicode "letter/word" character from any language.
- ChangedNet measures: Changed the default value for the
Interfaceoption from "0" to "Best".
- ChangedLanguages: Updated localization strings for Indonesian, Polish and Vietnamese.
September 12, 2021 - 4.5.2 - Revision 3541
- FixedSection variables: Fixed an issue with the EscapeRegExp and EncodeUrl section variable measure parameters.
September 11, 2021 - 4.5.1 - Revision 3540
- FixedToolTip: Fixed a mouse detection issue with ToolTip inside a Container meter.
- FixedSysInfo: Fixed an inconsistency with how an empty string value is returned for
- ChangedSysInfo: SysInfo is now a "measure" instead of a "plugin".
- AddedSysInfo: Added several new
See SysInfo Measure for details.