The following are the changes for the 4.4 beta version of Rainmeter. You can safely install the new 4.4 beta version right over top of your existing Rainmeter 4.3.1 or earlier installation, and nothing you have done will be lost or changed. There is never any need to uninstall earlier versions of Rainmeter to use the newest version.
Changes in Rainmeter Beta 4.4
Additional details on important changes during the beta cycle can be found at Change Announcements.
November 19, 2019 - Revision 3338
- ChangedBangs: Added
Spanto the list of available Position parameter values for the !SetWallpaper bang. This is only supported with Windows 10, and will cause the wallpaper to be spanned across multiple monitors.
- FixedBangs: Corrected an issue with the !EditSkin bang that would not support config names of one-character.
November 18, 2019 - Revision 3335
- ChangedBangs: Changed !EditSkin so it will now allow the "config" parameter alone, which will edit the skin .ini file currently running in the defined config folder. Change provided by user Yamajac.
November 16, 2019 - Revision 3333
- AddedDefault Settings: Added the ability to set default / starting values for the skin position and other options defined in the [ConfigName] sections in Rainmeter.ini. See Default Settings in the documentation for details.
- FixedGame mode: Corrected an issue when a skin was loaded just prior to Game mode being turned on.
November 7, 2019 - Revision 3330
- FixedAbout/Version: Additional correction to the determination of the locale language.
November 5, 2019 - Revision 3327
- AddedGame mode: Added Game mode. This will allow you to minimize (really eliminate) all CPU, GPU, Disk and Network usage by Rainmeter while you are for instance playing a full-screen game.
Game mode does the following:
- Unloads all skins and dialogs
- Prevents activating any skins and dialogs
- Pauses any tray icon animations
Game mode is toggled from the Rainmeter notification area icon right-click context menu.
When Game mode is toggled on, the Rainmeter notification area context menu will be reduced to "Game mode", which will be checked, and "Exit".
When Game mode is toggled back off, all previously running skins will be loaded.
If Rainmeter is restarted, Game mode will be inactive. This is not in any way persistent.
By design, this is a function that is entirely controlled by the "user" of Rainmeter, and cannot be activated with any bang or command by a skin "author".
- FixedContainer: Fixed an issue with using the "R" relative positioning modifier on the first content meter. The first content meter in a container is required to be relative to the container itself. So for example, the first content meter in a container with X/Y=2R is invalid and will assume X/Y=2r instead.
- FixedAbout/Version: Corrected an incorrect determination of the locale language in some cases.