The following are the changes for the 4.2 beta version of Rainmeter. You can safely install the new 4.2 beta version right over top of your existing Rainmeter 4.1 or earlier installation, and nothing you have done will be lost or changed. There is never any need to uninstall any earlier version of Rainmeter to use the newest version.
Note: As of Rainmeter 4.0, Windows XP and Windows Vista are no longer supported by the application.
Changes in Rainmeter Beta 4.2
Additional details on important changes during the beta cycle can always be found at Change Announcements.
February 9, 2018 - Revision 3029
- AddedInputText: Added support for
InputLimitas inline command overrides.
- ChangedMeter: Fixed a rare bug causing Padding to not be included in the meter's W/H if the values for both padding and W/H were equal.
- ChangedLanguages: Updated the PortugueseBrazil, Ukrainian, and Indonesian languages.
December 20, 2017 - Revision 3018
- ChangedRainmeter: The @Vault\Plugins folder will now be automatically created if it does not exist when Rainmeter starts.
- ChangedRainmeter: The @Vault\Plugins folder will no longer be scanned and treated as a normal skins folder in the config list in Manage.
- ChangedLanguages: Updated the Spanish Modern localizations.
- FixedAudioLevel Plugin: Corrected a bug that was not properly calculating a "device timeout" value.
December 13, 2017 - Revision 3011
- AddedRainmeter: Added support for @Vault folder. See @Vault Folder for details.
December 11, 2017 - Revision 3004
- AddedSysInfo: Added a new
USER_LOGONTIMESysInfoType value to the SysInfo plugin. This is a timestamp number (number of seconds since January 1, 1601) reflecting the date and time the current user account logged onto Windows. Use with a Time measure to get a formatted string of the date/time, or subtract from the current time and use with an Uptime measure to get a formatted string of the elapsed time.
- FixedNowPlaying: Improved CPU usage when using the latest versions of the iTunes player.
November 19, 2017 - Revision 3001
- ChangedLanguages: Updated the Cyrillic Serbian, Latin Serbian, and Ukrainian localizations.
- FixedNowPlaying: Corrected some issues when using the latest versions of the iTunes player.
- FixedRainmeter: Fixed an issue where an undefined variable used as a bang sequence in an action would create an endless loop and crash Rainmeter.
- FixedLua scripting: Corrected an issue where an error in an external library loaded with
dofile()could return the wrong file and line number in the error log.