Rainmeter 3.2 Beta
The folowing are the changes for the 3.2 beta version of Rainmeter. You can safely install the new 3.2 beta version right over top of your existing Rainmeter 3.1 or earlier installation, and nothing you have done will be lost or changed. There is never any need to uninstall any earlier version of Rainmeter to use the newest version.
Changes in Rainmeter 3.2
March 15, 2015 - Revision 2383
Release Candidate 1
- Added WebParser: Added new OnDownloadErrorAction to WebParser measures to allow taking an action when a remote file defined by
Download=1fails to download or can't be saved locally.
- Changed Rainmeter: Added the value
~100to both Manage and the skin context menus to support setting the transparency of a skin to an opacity of
1, which is invisible but will still react to the mouse. This can be used in conjunction with the fade in / fade out / on hover capabilities.
March 9, 2015 - Revision 2380
- Fixed AudioLevel: Fixed a long-standing issue where stopping music or other sounds or exiting an application playing music or other sounds could cause the plugin just keep the last values it received. This resulted in a freezing of meter displays and on some systems a buzzing sound being produced for some number of milliseconds.
March 3, 2015 - Revision 2379
- Fixed Rainmeter: Fixed a bug introduced in r2378 that would crash Rainmeter if a malformed option, with a trailing comma, i.e.
March 2, 2015 - Revision 2378
- Added WebParser: Added new OnConnectErrorAction to WebParser parent measures to allow taking an action when a site or file resource cannot be connected to.
- Added WebParser: Added new OnRegExpErrorAction to WebParser parent measures to allow taking an action when parsing a site or file resource with
RegExp(regular expression) fails.
- Changed WebParser: Changed FinishAction to not be executed when parsing a site or file resource with
RegExp(regular expression) fails AND an
OnRegExpErrorActionis defined on the measure.
- Added WebParser: Added a new Reset command, used with the !CommandMeasure bang, to reset all values in the WebParser parent and related child measures to their initial empty values.
- Fixed Math: Corrected a problem when a comma-separated, multi-argument math function was used in a formula in a comma-separated, multi-argument option. For instance using
Clamp(x,low,high)in the arguments for
- Fixed Skin Installer: Changed the Skin Packager to only allow inclusion of a valid 400x60 .bmp file as a custom header in a .rmskin. Improperly sized custom images were causing visual problems in the Skin Installer user interface.
February 22, 2015 - Revision 2373
- Changed Time: Added a
Localvalue to the FormatLocale option, e.g.
FormatLocale=Local. This will cause the output format of the measure to automatically use the date / time "locale" language and format set in Windows for the machine the skin is running on, rather than defaulting to a standard platform-agnostic "English" representation.
- Fixed Time: Accounted for some minor bugs in Microsoft's implementation of the code to read and parse the TimeStampFormat option.
February 18, 2015 - Revision 2371
- Changed Time: Changed the TimeStamp option to allow a formatted date / time string as input.
- Added Time: Added new TimeStampFormat and TimeStampLocale options to support the changes to TimeStamp above.
- Added Time: Added new FormatLocale option to support formatting a Time measure in any defined language / locale.
- Added UpTime: Added a new SecondsValue option to allow formatting any defined number of seconds into "days, hours, minutes, seconds" as desired. This will override the default behavior of the UpTime measure.
- Added Section Variables: Added a new :Timestamp section variable measure modifier. This will return the Windows timestamp value of the named Time measure, and overcomes a limitation with getting and using this number when a Time measure has a Format option.
All of the above additions and changes are related to new functionality for getting and using date / time information in skins, as well as support for Language / Locale values in Time measures. Details and examples can be found at Change Announcements.
February 8, 2015 - Revision 2360
- Added Time: Added several TimeStamp options to obtain Daylight Savings Time information for the local computer.
- Added SysInfo plugin: Added several SysInfoType option values to obtain Time Zone and Daylight Savings Time information for the local computer.
More details at Change Announcements.
February 1, 2015 - Revision 2357
- Added Formulas: Added Atan2 -
Atan2(y, x)math function. Returns the radians of arc tangent between points Y and X in the Cartesian plane. The sign of the elements determines the quadrant.
Code for addition submitted by user dcgrace
- Added FileView: Added a new PathToFile value for the Type child measure option. This will return just the path the file, including a trailing "\".
January 27, 2015 - Revision 2355
- Fixed Context Menu: Corrected some functionality bugs introduced in r2353 with the display and sorting of items on the context menus.
January 25, 2015 - Revision 2353
- Added Context Menu: Added Favorites functionality to the Rainmeter and Skins context menus. Also added support for making a skin a "Favorite" in the Manage dialog. More details at Change Announcements.
- Added WifiStatus: Added support for the 802.11ac protocol.
- Changed Context Menu: Moved "Open folder" and "Disable dragging" options to the top of the Skins context menu for easier access.
- Fixed Regular Expressions: Fixed a recursion bug in the PCRE regular expression library that could cause a crash of Rainmeter in rare cases.
- Changed Time: A running time measure will now automatically update for a change in Daylight Savings Time without requiring a skin refresh.
September 17, 2014 - Revision 2326
- Fixed Corrected a bug introduced in r2325 that would cause external applications like AutoIt to be unable to identify and send messages to the Rainmeter window handle.
September 16, 2014 - Revision 2325
- Added Skins: Added a new DefaultUpdateDivider option to the [Rainmeter] section of skins.
September 9, 2014 - Revision 2318
- Fixed AudioLevel plugin: Added error trapping when the AudioLevel plugin is used on the unsupported Windows XP operating system.
September 9, 2014 - Revision 2317
- Added Plugins: Added new AudioLevel plugin by author dgrace to the Rainmeter build. This will allow for real-time VU-Meter and Spectrum Analyzer visualizations of sound output. See AudioLevel plugin for full documentation and example skins.
- Fixed AudioLevel plugin: Fixed an issue with the
Formatchild measure option that was not returning a Unicode string value.
August 29, 2014 - Revision 2313
- Added Formulas: Added new Min(x, y), Max(x, y) and Clamp(x, low, high) functions to formulas.
Min(x, y)- Minimum of x and y.
Max(x, y)- Maximum of x and y.
Clamp(x, low, high)- Restricts value x to low and high limits.
Code for additions submitted by user dcgrace.
- Fixed Formulas: Corrected an error when a negative number was used in combination with the Random function.
August 23, 2014 - Revision 2311
- Changed Image: Due to possible conflicts, removed support for ImagePath from MaskImageName functionality. MaskImagePath should be used to define a shared location for mask images, or simply use a full or relative path as part of MaskImageName. ImagePath should only be used to define a location for an Image meter's primary image.
August 21, 2014 - Revision 2308
- Added Image: New Mask Image functionality added. See Image - Mask Image for documentation, and Change Announcements for more details.
- Changed Rainmeter: Updated Metadata and removed AppVersion from default illustro skins.
- Changed About: Prevent invalid plugins from showing up on Plugins tab in Manage.
July 14, 2014 - Revision 2302
- Fixed Rainmeter: Corrected an issue where the #SCREENAREAWIDTH# / #SCREENAREAHEIGHT# built-in variables would not initially detect the monitor the skin was loaded on until a refresh.
- Fixed Layouts: Corrected an issue where the list of Layouts in Manage / Layouts could be off by one if the @Backup Layout was missing.
- Fixed Power plugin: Corrected a STATUS issue when the battery level is higher than "low", but not currently charging.
- Changed Language: Updates to Russian language.